According to Chiara Atik for HowAboutWe.com: When should you make out with someone? Whenever you want to! But also:
1. Because he or she is really hot, and you can forsee telling your friends "Oh, we made out once." with extreme pride.
2. Because the conversation isn't actually that interesting. (Or because it's so interesting that you could just kiss them.)
4. Because if you wanna know how he loves you so? It's in his kiss.
5. Because you actually believe in your friend's ability to not be weird about it the next day.
6. Because you think they might be famous one day, and want to make out with them just in case.
7. Because they're moving away and you're never, ever going to see them again.
8. Because you happen to know your ex is on a date right now.
9. Because you had a huge crush on them in high school, and your 15-year-old self wouldn't want you to squander the opportunity.
11. Because you feel like making out with someone, and they are someone.
12. Because you just need to remind yourself that you can make it happen.
13. Because he or she just put the absolute best song on the jukebox/beat you at darts/ordered a whiskey neat/is wearing a Battlestar Gallactica T-shirt.
14. Because you're a really good kisser, and when you have a talent you should share it with the world.
15. Because you just had the best date of your life, and think this might be the start of something serious.