Bethan Cole and Rebecca Howard-dennis say: The first rule of red is that if you are playing up the lips, go easy on make-up for the eyes, otherwise it could look overdone - Use the sheerest foundation-or a tinted moisturiser to even out skin tone without overburdening the skin.
According to make-up guru Bobbi Brown, the key to finding the perfect red lipstick is knowing your skin tone, which can be warm or cool:
- Warm skin tones have yellow, olive and darker undertones and tan more easily.
- Cool complexions are pale with pink undertones that tend to burn in the sun.
- If you have a warm complexion, choose reds that are brown or orange-based. For a cool skin tone, choose a blue-based red or pinkish red.
- Always test lipstick before buying it. Use a cotton bud to apply a little to your lips.
- The best shade is the one that looks great even if you're wearing no other make-up.
- Before applying lipstick, make sure your lips are well-conditioned. Gentle strokes with a toothbrush will get rid of chapped, flaky skin.
- The key to finding the perfect red lipstick is knowing your skin tone. If you have pale or reddish skin, choose a blue-based red. For olive or sallow skin, opt for a brown or orange-based red.
Via Daily Mail UK